Wing Chun kung fu consists of many fascinating concepts and principles that makes this art so ultimately effective.
Wing Chun is a thinking persons martial art, it’s not a follow along art. It’s all about looking, listening and understanding system.
There are 39 basic concepts and principles that every Wing Chun practitioner should understand. I discuss these concepts in detail in the online program and I will address a few here as well in the near future.
1. Center Line.
2. Radial Positioning Area.
3. Six Gates or Zones.
4. Angle the Stances.
5. Three Lines of Defense (Sometimes Called the Rings of Protection).
6. Simultaneous Deflection and Counter Strike.
7. Face the Point of Contact.
8. Whipping Power and Bone Joint Energy.
9. Elbows in, Knees in.
10. Contact Reflex.
11. Economy of Energy.
12. Economy of Movement.
13. Simplicity (Less is More. Bring Everything to its Simplest State but no further. Make the smallest movement within the realm of safety.).
15. Occupation of Territor.
16. Energy Transfer (Offensive/Defensive).
17. Emotional Content/Personal Detachment.
18. Join with the Energy.
19. Line of Visual Perception and use of Peripheral Vision.
20. Evasive Maneuvering.
21. Angles of Deflection.
22. Unification of Intent (Coordinated Body Mechanics).
23. Take the Inside (Circular – get inside the loop; Linear – Shadow the Elbow).
25. Levels of Threat – High level, Mid Level, Low level.
26. Levels of Response – Management/Survival.
27. Recognize the Threat.
28. Threat De-escalation and Elimination.
29. Disruption of the Base (Applied applications coming out of the Chi Gerk Exercises.).
30. Tightening the Rope.
31. The Tripods “Missing Leg”.
32. Lead Hand/Lead Foot Preferred Attack.
33. When Kicking the Heels Face each other.
34. Take the Bridge.
35. Seek the Tunnel.
36. The Five Stages of Combat.
37. Always relax your mind, your body will follow.
38a. Yin and Yang (When the opponent tenses, relax/soften, when there is no obstruction, spring out. When the opponent retreats go in.
38b. Never Fight Force with Force.
39. DO IT! (You cannot learn to fight unless you fight).